There will be BSL interpretation for Deaf people at the UK Vegan Camp-Out.
**Adult Concession (Disabled/Deaf) (16+) ticket cost is: £25.**
Please bring your disabled ID/pass or letter. Disabled customers can also bring their carer if required for free, just turn up on the day.
Tickets can be brought
from this link: www.ukvegancamp-out.nutickets.com/32822
★★ The UK Vegan Camp-Out 2018 ★★
(Partnered with Viva! - www.viva.org.uk)
Official Facebook Event: www.facebook.com/events/138991793344046
August 17-19th 2pm - 2pm
Newark Showground, Nottinghamshire
**Adult Concession (Disabled/Deaf) (16+) ticket cost is: £25.**
Please bring your disabled ID/pass or letter. Disabled/Deaf customers can also bring their carer if required for free, just turn up on the day.
Children (4-15 years old) £25
0-3 years old go for free!
★ All Ages
★ Activism Workshops
★ Live Music
★ Kids Activities
Price includes camping but people are also more than welcome to go home each night or stay in a nearby hotel. You can also come in a caravan/campervan
Macka B (& The Roots Ragga Band)
Ingrid Newkirk (PETA President)
Jona Weinhofen (I Killed the Prom Queen/Ex-Bring Me the Horizon)
Ronnie Lee (Animal Liberation Front Founder)
Kerry McCarthy MP
Juliet Gellatley (Viva! Founder)
+ many more TBA!
• ALL AGES - But under 18's must be accompanied by an adult 18+
• ARRIVAL/OPENING TIMES - Doors will open at 2pm and everyone has to be out the venue by 2pm on the Sunday. Please have your e-tickets up on your smartphone or printed out and ready to show to the people on the door to save time
• PARKING - For those coming by car, the venue carpark is £10 for the full weekend, bought in advance from our tickets page
• FAMILIES/CHILDREN - Those with children will have their own family camping area with their own toilets/showers. There will be facepainting, a bouncy castle, and a room dedicated to children's activities across the weekend
• CARAVANS/CAMPERVANS - There is only a limited number of these passes, bought in advance from our tickets page
• FOOD/STALLS - There is going to be a large selection of food to buy which caters for everyone's needs including pizza, kebab, smoothies, ice cream, salad, falafel, indian, mexican, cakes, chinese, burgers, hotdogs, raw, gluten free options, pies etc. We pick all the food vendors and stalls ourselves so people don't need to apply!
• DISABLED ACCESS - The venue ground is all flat and has designated walking paths that everyone including those in wheelchairs can use, but it is going to be very busy, think festival style! The rooms won't have disabled platforms but there will be designated space at the front at the side of the stage for those in a wheelchair. And of course disabled toilets on-site. If you require a free ticket for a carer please message us at email@example.com
• SPACE MANAGEMENT - As much as we can - 1 man tent for 1 person, 2 man tent for 2, 3 man tent for 3 etc. No 5 man tents for 2 people. This wastes space for somebody else that could come!
• VENUE - This year's venue is Newark Showground in Nottinghamshire. The main stage, music stage and activism bootcamp will also be indoors this time. The activism bootcamp will be fully seated again, but the music stage and main stage won't have seats also like 2017. So people can either stand or feel free to sit down like most people did in 2017. It is worth noting that Newark Showground does put on non-vegan friendly events like their annual agricultural show, but almost every venue of this size is going to host and promote non-vegan friendly during the year such as horse racing or dog shows, and Newark Showground is no exception. In the same way, many vegan fairs are now increasing in size and being held at arena's around the country, which all hold non-vegan friendly events during the year (such as Crufts for example), and so technically the money we give them helps promote those events. Or how going to Glastonbury is giving money to a dairy farmer who owns the entire site. Alpro is owned by America's largest dairy company and soft drink companies are mostly owned by a bigger company that tests on animals. Or how even buying vegan food from a supermarket gives them money to promote their meat/dairy/egg products. The people who owned the venue for the 2016 event were farmers. The 2017 venue hosted fishing events. Wherever there is a lot of land it's more than likely going to be used for some sort of animal agriculture/non-vegan friendly purpose such as keeping cattle/sheep or hosting horse racing, as it is ideal for them, and equally ideal for music festivals/large events. This is the reality of the world we live in, and one we are obviously all trying to change. Having events like this is how we further animal rights and get closer to a vegan world. Being part of an imperfect world is how we create change, not by avoiding it. As much as we'd like it, there is no such thing as a vegan festival venue (yet..) But with all this in mind, the vast majority of events held at Newark Showgrounds (over 70%) have absolutely nothing to do with animal agriculture, ranging from caravan shows, to music festivals, to wargames, and roller derby. What is most important is that the Camp-Out doesn't promote animal exploitation and that no events involving animals are held at the site whilst the Camp-Out is on, which there won't be :)
• TOILETS/SHOWERS - There is proper hard standing toilet blocks on site (not portaloo's!) as well as free showers!
• ALCOHOL - There will be a bar on-site but you can also bring your own!
• BSL Interpreter - Avaliable for Deaf people.
• RESPECT THE PLACE - This goes without saying. Let's leave it exactly how we found it. Please bring bin bags to fill up with your rubbish across the weekend and then put them in the skips provided outside the main toilet block when you leave. Bins will also be placed around the campsite labelled general waste and recycling. Please don't put your barbeques in them!
• DOGS - For those that can either leave their dog at home or get a dog sitter, this would be highly appreciated and make things easier for everyone. But if the only way you can come is to bring your dog then that is also fine. Please note dogs must be kept on leads at all times and will have to sleep in your tent/caravan with you
• CAR SHARE (if you're not coming by train or bus) - For many reasons. More people can come that can't drive. It's better for the environment. And it's cheaper!
• T-SHIRTS - If you buy a T-Shirt, just take your voucher code you received in your email to the merch stand once you're at the event, and they will give you your T-Shirt. So no need to ask the people on the gates about them. You can change your size as long as we have enough of that size. You will also be able to buy them at the event. We will also have other things for sale like mugs and posters
• AFTERPARTY - Each night there will be an afterparty in the main room from 11pm-2am for those that wish to attend. One night will be house/drum and bass, and the other rock/alternative/pop
• MUSIC/BANDS/ARTISTS - If you wish to apply to play the festival please message firstname.lastname@example.org
• FIRES - are not allowed. Camping stoves are. So are disposable barbeques, but they cannot go directly onto the grass (putting bricks underneath are okay)
• PROHIBITED ITEMS - Illegal drugs and weapons
• BIKES - If you're coming by bike there will be bike sheds to lock them up
• REFUNDS - As with all events tickets are non-refundable. If you can longer come you can sell your ticket by sending your e-ticket to the buyers email address
If you're a singer or in a band and want to play please message email@example.com
If you want to put on a workshop in our Fitness/Yoga/Health/Meditation tent please message firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a question that isn't answered on here please message email@example.com or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ukvegancampout
FACEBOOK EVENT: www.facebook.com/events/138991793344046
FACEBOOK PAGE: www.facebook.com/ukvegancampout
FACEBOOK GROUP: UK Vegan Camp-Out (GROUP)
LONELIE'S GROUP: UK Vegan Camp-Out Lonelie's Group