Hull Museums presents The Magic of Christmas!
Experience a festive wonderland in Hull’s Museums Quarter and along High Street on Saturday 25 November 2017, when a host of exciting seasonal activities will be offered for the whole family.
Come along between 10am and 4pm to enjoy this mostly free event
combining a Victorian Christmas with a contemporary programme of music and street theatre.
Visitors will have the opportunity to:
• Come face-to-face with the ever popular animatronic Bjorn the polar bear inside Streetlife Museum
• Meet real reindeer (11am – 3pm) and take photos on Santa’s sleigh at Scale Lane
• Ride a traditional carousel in the Museums Quarter
• Visit Santa’s Grotto
• Go on a festive adventure with our theatrical storyteller
• Enjoy music and entertainment, including choirs, brass bands and street entertainment
• Explore a traditional Christmas market and enjoy festive food and drink
Also within Streetlife Museum:
• Experience the enchantment of a Victorian Christmas
• Meet and interact with characters from Dickens’ ‘A Christmas Carol’ and Mr and Mrs Fezziwig on the first-floor as they get ready for Christmas
• Help Bob Cratchit find the perfect gift for Tiny Tim in our pop up traditional shop
All of this, plus Punch & Judy, face-painting and crafts at this mainly free event!
Please note capacity is limited within Streetlife Museum, therefore entry will be controlled on the day with a queuing system in place at busy times, but with plenty on offer throughout the Museums Quarter and along High Street.
Some activity such as Punch and Judy and Story-telling will be ticketed with tickets available before the sessions on the day.