They say in heaven, love comes first
We'll make heaven a place on earth
Ooh, heaven is a place on earth!
--- FOR HILDABEASTS ONLY ---
The biggest bop of the year is back! Last year we took you to the big top, this year we're taking you to the big man in the sky. Get ready to channel Hilda of Whitby
and show off your inner saint. All queens go to heaven! This is an opportunity to celebrate the LGBTQ community at Hilda's, past and present, and for everyone to enjoy 80s classics and gay anthems amidst an angelic backdrop. We have some exciting acts planned for you, so stay tuned for the announcements!
This is a night for you to express yourself freely in a safe environment. Throw on your halos and and slap on some glitter! Gender norms and heteronormativity have no place in heaven. There will be an outfit workshop during Feminist Festival if you need any inspiration. Please remember to be sensitive and respectful; that means no cultural appropriation. If you're not sure on the appropriateness of your outfit then please talk to me or another liberation officer. People go big on their Queer Bop costumes so start planning now!
As is traditional, our after party will be held at PLUSH. We have 150 advance £3 tickets for this that will be on sale during sixth week and on the night. These will sell out, so make sure you get your hands on one!
While the event in college is free, on the night we will be raising money for the Albert Kennedy Trust, a charity who support LGBT young people who are homeless, living in a hostile environment or in housing crisis. There will be collection buckets and a portion of the cost of our special cocktail will go to AKT.
- this a St Hilda's only event, so sadly no plus ones :(
- security will be checking bodcards on the door
- this is to keep numbers under control
- ALUMNAE: you are all welcome to attend, but you will need to bring your alumnae card or alternatively message/email me to be put on a guest list
- please respect people's pronouns
- any offensive, mocking or bigoted behaviour on the night will not be tolerated and will lead to you being removed. Let's keep this a fun night for all!