Do you have a spider phobia? Does the very thought of them fill you with dread? Then it's time you joined our Spider Phobia Event where we can help you to overcome your fears.
Spiders in the UK are harmless and are incredibly important to our ecosystem, however, millions of people are terrified of them.
No matter how much they try to calm themselves the response remains the same…fear.
Our new Spider Phobia Event is an evening of Solution Focused Hypnotherapy hosted by qualified Clinical Solution Focused Hypnotherapist Charlotte King of The Pebble Ridge Practice, Torquay.
The course is a combination of relaxation, cognitive behavioural therapy and hypnotherapy designed to remove negative feelings about spiders and reinforce positive attitudes.
There will be more information about spiders, informative presentations and refreshments plus the chance to walk around our Insect House at the end of the event.
Please note: The tour is optional. You will not be expected to hold any spiders; we just hope that you will feel more confident in being in their company whilst visiting the Insect House!
If your fear/phobia is getting in the way of how you live your life, now could be the perfect time to get rid of it. You will be given a good understanding of how the brain works with memories and emotions and how this event can help to remove your fear.
We understand that losing a life-long fear of spiders is a strange concept and it may seem that it would take longer than a few hours however Charlotte has had many positive outcomes through her practice - you can find out more details and read some testimonials about Charlotte here - http://thepebbleridgepractice.com/
· The session will begin with an introduction and an initial consultation on the psychotherapy that relates to fears and phobic responses.
· Paignton Zoo’s Curator of Invertebrates will give a presentation about spiders and their positive function to people and the planet.
· Group discussions and relaxation methods
· Charlotte King will deliver a presentation on what to do next and how to move forward.
· Q & A session
· The evening will end with an optional tour of the Insect House.
Refreshment breaks will be included.
Ticket Price: £75 per person. Booking is essential.
Buy tickets via our website https://www.paigntonzoo.org.uk/plan-your-visit/whats-on/events/detail/spider-phobia-event.
For people who book:
· You will be required to bring a towel or a yoga mat along with you.
· After booking you will receive an email confirmation with a link to Charlotte’s website with a password to download an MP3 file – It is important part of the process to listen to this file every night once in bed and ready to go to sleep. You do NOT have to actively listen and if your mind wanders off or you fall asleep whist it’s playing, that’s great. Please use for at least a week leading up to the event.