After relentless global fundraising, campaigning, demonstrating, protesting, shouting, screaming, crying, mourning - FINALLY Ireland has been granted a referendum on Abortion! We insist that the 8th amendment is repealed. The referendum is allegedly happening in ''May or June 2018''.. Nice one Leo!?
Come and join us on March 17th for a night of solidarity, craic agus ceol. DON'T forget your Craic! We will repeal the 8th! We will be heard! We demand the right to choose - we will not be shut down any longer. We will not be dictated to by the Catholic Church, men in Governmental positions or Medical ''professionals''. We hope to see you (and your Craic) in the Rose Hill on St.Patricia's Day 2018, and remember kids, FECK ST.PATRIARCHY!!
The Eighth Amendment equates the right to life of a pregnant woman with that of an embryo or foetus. In doing so it criminalises abortion in all cases except where to continue a pregnancy would result in death.
This archaic and dangerous law:
- infringes on the human rights of women in Ireland and goes against international human rights norms
- denies access to basic health care, forcing over 154,000 to travel overseas to obtain an abortion since 1980
- criminalises those who self-administer abortion pills in Ireland
- maintains a false and medically dangerous distinction between risk to health and risk to life
- discriminates against those who cannot travel to obtain abortions
- does not reflect present public opinion in Ireland