On 17th February 1818 the remains of the tomb of Robert the Bruce were uncovered as the ground of the previous chancel area of Dunfermline Abbey was cleared and prepared for the foundations of the new Abbey Church to be built. The new building was not completed until 1821
On 17th February 2018 the Abbey
Church of Dunfermline will be open from 11am - 2pm for those who may wish to visit the tomb of Robert the Bruce.
This is a free event, but donations towards the upkeep and running of this historically significant building will be gratefully received.