When the Formula One World Championship was incepted in 1950, Silverstone held the very first round, won by Guiseppe Farina in an Alfa Romeo. In 1951 the British Racing Drivers' Club (BRDC) was handed the lease by the RAC, and huge modifications were made. The pits were moved to the straight between
Woodcote and Copse, from the Farm straight where they had originally been, and a short circuit was built within the larger circuit, cutting from Becketts corner to Woodcote.
Travel Bookings: http://uk.soulcare.co/retreats
Holiday Rentals: http://tidd.ly/631c347d
Thomas Cook Special: http://bit.ly/2vtY6f2